Audio and video are not synchronized
- Make sure the video section and audio section are aligned and start at exactly the same time.
- Many variable bitrate or variable frame rate videos cannot be synchronized accurately. When capturing video, be sure to use a constant bitrate and frame rate. In some
cases, you may be able to use the File | Meld Project To Video File
to save the video in a constant bitrate format.
- Variable bitrate MP3 files cannot be synchronized at all. Do not use variable bitrate MP3 files. Convert them to a fixed bitrate or Wave format instead. Use
File | Meld Project To Audio File on a project containing only the problem file,
then use the melded file instead.
- Start playing the project from time 00:00. When you start playback within the middle of a video or audio section, the synchronization will be off for variable bitrate files.
- Increase the frame rate setting under Options | Playback Settings to match the video so that interframe seeking is not required during preview playback.
- Use Options | Section Settings and adjust the speed of either the audio section or the video section to compensate for different playback speeds.